cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove from Mail filter once linked with any issue

Jimmy Trivedi December 18, 2022

So, I use Service Project, and I use Filters as well. Please see below:

Screenshot 2022-12-18 at 14.16.11.png

Now, what I want is, in this same Filter [let's discuss about Main Filter], I created 4 issues: Issue A, Issue B, Issue C and Issue D.

So, in my Main FIlter list of all 4 issues are showing, now If I open Issue C and click on link issue and select Issue A, then from my list of Main Filter Issue "C" should be removed, but If I open Issue A, then Inside Issue C should show as "Linked"!

Screenshot 2022-12-18 at 14.20.44.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2022

Hi @Jimmy Trivedi 

On your JQL filter, switch it to advanced JQL. Then add in the end (and before ORDER BY) the following:

and issueLinkType is empty

The above will return all issues which do not have linked issues with them.

Let me know if that works for you.

This is my JQl

project = GJP AND status in ("In Review", Pending, Reopened, TODO, "Work in progress") AND labels in ("Default", Learning, Regular, Support, Transcation, Trending) AND assignee in (currentUser()) ORDER BY due ASC, priority DESC

But I don't understood where to add.

Also one important point: You said this: "The above will return all issues which do not have linked issues with them." But that is not the requirement which I mentioned in question. If One issue is linked with other, but there might issues which are independent and not linked with anyone, so that also should come in the filter list.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2022

@Jimmy Trivedi sorry but I don't understand your requirement then:

If One issue is linked with other

Ok with the above statement. One issue is linked to another.

but there might issues which are independent and not linked with anyone

Ok with the above sentence as well. There are issues with inward/outward links

so that also should come in the filter list.

Don't understand which one should come on the list. The one with the links, or the others which do not have links? What do you want your saved filter to return? If you could explain with words like:

I want the JQL to return all issues from a specific project, which have specific labels (e.g. default, learning etc), and their status is in pending, regular etc, and assignee is the current user and ....... ??

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Surely, I'll try to explain more in detail. The filter list should return issues which are not linked with anyone and also should return issues which are parent of linked issues, but filter should not return which are sub issues of any parent issue.

Note: I'll not do like this: Parent - Child - SubChild

It'll be only Parent - child.

Jimmy Trivedi January 1, 2023
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2023

Hi @Jimmy Trivedi From what You wrote I would think that you don't want the subtasks to be visible.. So maybe use the following JQL then, in addition to your filter:

issuetype in standardIssueTypes()
Jimmy Trivedi January 8, 2023
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2023

@Jimmy Trivedi if my answer helped on you, kindly mark it as accepted in order to help others within this community to find proper guidance. Thank you,

Jimmy Trivedi January 14, 2023

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events