Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove field when creating issue, but leave in issue details?

Cameron Loperfido August 12, 2022

I'm using custom "Created Date/Time" & "Resolution Date/Time" fields for all issues and setting them automatically using workflow post functions.

• I would like the fields to populate in the issue details, but not display for any user when creating an issue internally.

• Is there a better way to achieve this goal? (I'm using these fields for reporting, custom queues, and ease of navigation.)

image.pngimage.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2022

Hi @Cameron Loperfido 

Why do you need these fields? Created and Resolved dates are system fields and they are set by default when you create and resolve issue.

Anyway, to do this, go to project settings -> screens. There are create, edit and view screens. They are all probably using the same screen same. You need to separate them by creating a new screen for Create and assign to the screen scheme in admin panel.

Cameron Loperfido August 12, 2022

Hi Tansu, Thank you for your response!

Are these system fields able to be displayed in the details screen?

I will try your suggestion of separating the create and detail screens.

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2022

System date fields (created, updated, resolved) are shown by default at the bottom right (issue view screen). You can also add as a column in issue search navigator page. They can be search in JQL. So, if there is no specific need, it is better to use them.

Ekran Resmi 2022-08-12 20.55.48.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events