Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Releases/Versions in jira service management

Nick Lucey November 30, 2022

We previously used releases/versions in a jira software project to record what tickets and developments had gone into what release - and to create the release notes.

I'd like to do the same with tickets in jira service management - I can see that I can create a version under project settings in jira service management and set the fix version, but I can't get release notes out in the same way as a project.

Is there a way to enable this for jira service management? 

I also need to include tickets from multiple projects (eg the support project and the software project) in a release - I don't know if there is a way to make versions available across multiple projects?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

@Nick Lucey To have full functionality you will need to use a software project.  We created linked issues from our service desk project to our software project to properly control and report on releases.  We used automation to do this and keep everything in sync.  You can learn more here: 

Nick Lucey December 5, 2022

That's a shame that you can't do it in service management - the main reason for implementing was to reduce duplication across other systems and minimise confusion for our support teams of having information in multiple places. 

I'll continue looking for another way of doing this, but thanks for your answer. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events