Relating Customer to Insight Jira Object

thorngje November 10, 2021

Hi,

I work for a local government IT department and we are switching from ServiceNow to JSM.  Our customers are the internal departments of our county in ServiceNow they all have records on the User table.  Now in JSM how I understand it is that for them to submit issues they will have a JSM Customer record.  However, our agents will need to see information on regarding the department they are in, phone, email, and hardware/software assigned to them.

Now I understand a couple of components for one that I will most like setup an object schema in Insight for my Users and have an attribute that links that object to the customer as well as a similar scenario for assets.

However, I am struggling with the part on the issue where I will have to report who is the customer and that should link to my user object so how is that I get that user record data on the issue screen.  I have done custom fields for Insight objects but for it to get the right user do I need to configure IQL on the field so that it links them properly?  Similar to assets?

Any suggest how others accomplished this or point me to documentation on how I might solve this would be appreciated.  Thanks!!

1 answer

0 votes
Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2021

I need to know how many tables are we dealing with? Users in one? and related assets assigned to them in another?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events