Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesign of the customer portal

Thomas January 24, 2021

Hello Community. Please share your experiences if you have worked with customer portal customization.

I'm using the server version of Jira SD. I need to customize the customer portal to my style. The tools that JSD provides to edit the portal are not enough. How can I edit the customer portal, change the positioning of projects, change the overall background, etc.?

Maybe it is possible to change the source code to change the portal design? Please suggest what first steps are needed. Or are there apps that allow 100% customization of the portal by changing its elements and adding new ones?

I would appreciate any information.

How can I make a similar design? (example)?

Simple modern Jira Service Desk by Atlassian - beecom AG

Build an Awesome Jira Service Desk in 5 Steps

2 answers

0 votes
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 25, 2021

Hi,

These screens are examples of Help Center from Cloud version. But from Jira 8.15 (server /dc) it's possible to achieve the same layout. Top background, logo, and request types icons are customizable in the standard settings. Click Customize when you're on the Help Center to change background and logo. Icons can be modified under Project settings in the service project.

If you need more customization options, I can recommend you to start a free 30-day trial of Theme Extension for Jira Service Management. I'm a product owner of this app. In case of any questions or specific requirements, contact my team via customer portal.

Cheers,

Kate

Thomas January 27, 2021

Thanks for the advice.

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2021

Hi @Thomas 

I love this question, I have made changes but very simple with the functionalities that JSD itself offers
   I recognize that the screens you have put up are beautiful, I hope they give you interesting answers.

Cheers

Thomas January 24, 2021

Hi!

They are made somehow and I would really like to know how. I hope someone will share their experience.

Like Vero Rivas likes this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2021

I found some nice articles - the content still applies (they're from 2019):
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/Marketplace-Spotlight-Create-the-ultimate-customer-portal-with/ba-p/975955

and

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Become-the-Andy-Warhol-of-your-Customer-Portal/ba-p/1060948

In this articles some suggestions were made how to "paint" a portal nicely :)

Please update us here if this was not what you are searching for.
I cannot speak for any Apps specifically but a trial should be possible using a demo for some days and a non-production environment.

From what I remember there are several Apps available from Marketplace being capable of tuning the overall appearance of customer portals.

Thomas January 27, 2021

Thank you for providing these links. The methods described in them do not fit my needs.

The first article describes apps to customize the portal. I have tried two of them, each of them has its advantages and disadvantages that I can't accept. For example, the Refined app offers a lot of features for customizing the portal but limits the options for making projects available (I have many user groups, each of which can only have access to a specific part of the information - projects that are not accessible to some users must be, hidden from others). The Deviniti tool is perfect for inheriting security settings for projects (I can easily hide projects that should be inaccessible to some users via JSD, and the app will use that configuration) but has limited possibilities to customize the customers portal.

The second article describes how to customize the portal using the same Theme Extension tool from Deviniti.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events