Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recategorize ticket's

Renan Oscar June 30, 2021

Is there a possibility that when categorizing a ticket, it will automatically be assigned/directed to a solver group referring to the item to which it was categorized?

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2021

Hi @Renan Oscar

it will depend on how to go forward in accordance how your tickets are categorized at the moment. You said they would be assigned to a "knowledge group/tower",  as far as I undestood through the "catalog item". Is this a custom field or some kind of App providing this, any integration?

In case the setting is wrong (forgotten during create of ticket) I'd suspect it would be able to correct it by adjusting the value from "catalog".

Other than that queues are made up from JQL queries. Also in this case, when you adjust in the tickets what will the ticket let it match against the JQL query normally including your tickets you should be fine - it really depends on how your configuration is like.

We would need to understand what you are currently using for categorization, a custom field, a label, a component, an App, some kind of special integration - "catalog item" is not a known term to me. A screenshot would also be helpful!

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2021

Hi Renan, 

first you don’t assign an issue to a group but rather an individual.  What you could do is create queues in your JSM project and associate a ticket based on categorization to the appropriate queue. Then your groups would monitor their queue.

Renan Oscar July 2, 2021

Hi Jack,

In fact, what I need to resolve is the following situation, I have many tickets in my operation that are being opened outside the correct item in the catalog, and I would like to adjust so that when receiving the ticket, the analyst recategorizes it to the correct item in the catalog, but to do this so that the ticket is forwarded to the correct knowledge group/tower that the catalog item is linked to.

Renan Oscar July 2, 2021

Currently when recategorizing, the ticket remains in the Knowledge Group/Tower that was opened incorrectly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events