Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivated JIRA Service Management - afraid to start billing after activation

jamie_peppard February 7, 2023

I am looking at creating a Proof of Concept on JIRA Service Management by either using the promotion for 10 licenses for free or 1-3 Licenses that come free.

When clicking activate, a message appears advising, "billing will begin immediately / existing users will gain access / Change Plans at anytime....".

Can you confirm if I will be charged or if this is just default messaging? (Or how can I check prior to clicking the button that I will not be charged)

To add extra info: Currently working in a business that uses other JIRA products and possibly already used this functionality in the past.
Capture.PNG

2 answers

2 votes
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2023

Hello @jamie_peppard ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!

As you have deactivated the Subscription it will ask you to reactivate, please click reactivate and check subscription model like if you are using Free, Standard, or Premium. If you are using free, then no issue or else you will have to change to free subscription model. You can follow below instruction to check and modify.

You can manage your subscription via your Admin settings:

1. On Jira, go to the cog icon in the top-right corner
  2. Press it, and select Billing
  3. On the left-hand menu in the next screen, select Manage Subscriptions
  4. In the list locate Jira Service Management and next to "Free" press the hyperlink Change

I hope this information helps.

Regards,
Mayur

jamie_peppard February 15, 2023

@Mayur Jadhav thank you for your response. I can confirm the steps would have worked....but

This did try to bill us immediately for 23 users. I specifically asked if there was a way before enabling this, if it could be checked.

It looks as though any Site Admin (even if this was configured for Jira Software) are automatically added to JIRA Service Desk price plan.

Hopefully/thankfully I spotted this before heading off for the day. 

Is there anyway of removing other Site Admins from the price plan? Or if this would need to be a permissions overhaul?

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2023

No, if he is site admin, he will have access to all products of that site. Only organization Admin and Site Admin can revoke site admin access by removing him from the site admin.

jamie_peppard February 24, 2023

@Mayur Jadhav thank you for the response - I am the organisation admin but I did not want to revoke access to the users.
Is there a specific admin for Jira Software - which wouldn't count on licenses against JIRA Service Desk?

0 votes
Arjan van den Berg August 24, 2023

Hi,

I have the same issue here. When I'm trying to activate JSM. It is saying Reactivate with "standaard" plan. But I'm not able to see how many users I got billed for. Will it be just the org or site admin? Or all users in the jira software?

Regards,

Arjan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events