Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raising a ticket in Jira Service Management on-behalf of customer via Zapier Integration

abishekchhetri May 27, 2022

Hi,

I have a zap setup in Zapier with Jira and Google Form so when a user submits a form (its an onboarding form) then I want Zapier to create a ticket in my JSM on behalf of a customer. The reporter field does not seem to be editable to accept email address of the customer who filled out the form.

I contacted Zapier and they have said it would be a question for the JSM team and the options available in the integration is made by them.

Appreciate your suggestions.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

First make sure you can raise a ticket on behalf of someone else via the actual Jira form. Does that work?
You should see a Raise this request on behalf of field on the Jira form (this is the reporter field)
This will only be visible if the user creating the ticket has the modify reporter permission in the project.

If that works make sure you pass the correct value via Zapier.
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the reporter field will accept an email address. The API needs the actual Atlassian account ID. So it might be difficult to do this via Zapier.

abishekchhetri June 10, 2022

Hi Charlie,

Thanks so much. I can raise ticket on behalf of someone else in my JSM. 
I did not know about the Atlassian account ID. 

I think setting up SMTP app in Zapier might help me get the form responses on behalf of customer via an email.

Thanks again for all the info.

Like Charlie Misonne likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events