Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raise a ticket in a jira project on behalf of a different jira project

Jordan Cohen May 2, 2024

Hello,

I am responsible for managing multiple Jira projects under our instance. Some projects accept requests via email, while others accept tickets only through the portal. We have noticed that when agents from one project (with a custom email) raise a ticket on another project's portal on behalf of their project, the reply doesn't create a Jira ticket in their project. It just remains in the Gmail account. Although we have changed the settings, every notification now creates a new ticket, and they are not clustered together.

I had assumed that it would be easy for projects to raise tickets on other projects under the same instance, but apparently, it's not. So, I am looking for an ideal solution apart from asking agents to raise tickets on their behalf.

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2024

Hi Jordan,

I don't completely understand the process you are using, but will make some comments. 

Agent A with Project A goes to the project B's portal and raises and issue on behalf of Agent A. Is that what is happening? 

Jordan Cohen May 7, 2024

Hi @John Funk

Project A has a custom Email address.

Agent A from project A goes to project B's portal and raises a ticket on behalf of project A.

Agent B from project B respond to project A. The response is received in is project's A Email account but it doesn't create a ticket in project A' Jira.

We found a way around that but everytime agent B responds, it creates a new ticket in project A.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2024

You should not use the same email to raise issues on behalf of as you do for the email address on the project that creates tickets. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events