Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue assign for multiple level support team

James Hu December 5, 2022

Hi experts,

I has a question about multiple level support team assign issue for JSM.

Our company support team has multuple levels with 1st, 2nd 3rd support line. Each line has 7-8 members. The current flow is when a issue is raised by customer, it will move to 1st line by default. 1st line mananger review the issue and determine to assign to any 1st line member or move to 2nd or 3rd line. When the issue moves to 2nd line, 2nd line manager do the same job with 1st line manager - assign to team member or move to 3rd line.

I just wondering is there any best practice for our scenario? My thinking is to create three generic user (1st,2nd,3rd line) and set 1st line user as the default assigner. However it will consume 3 more licenses. 

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

James

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

Your best option for getting assigned to the people who can fix it is to get it assigned to the right people.  Don't pretend a group assignee can get it done, round-robin individuals when you're not sure one person can do it can work.

Never create generics, always give your customers a single person to talk to.

James Hu December 12, 2022

Thanks for your reply Nic. Appreciate.

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

We have multiple tiers and the way we do it is that for tier I the incoming requests are round-robin assigned to one of the agents. It tier I need to escalate, they use the escalate transaction (can be either a circular transaction back to waiting for support or transition to escalated) and the issue is round-robin assigned to someone in tier II. For the higher tiers there has to be a warm hand-off. The main field that controls this is the Tier field that is set/updated when the assignee is changed.

James Hu December 12, 2022

Thanks for your reply Mikael. Appreciate.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events