cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue Query

Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2022

I want to exclude my incident issue type when it's in a specific status. 

I want to include my problem issue type when it's in that same specific status. 

How do I do that query wise ? 

My example:

Issuetype != Incident AND status != "Created In Rally"

Issuetype = Problem AND status = "Created In Rally"

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2022

A lot of the existing configuration sorts our business out by the product field. In this case this is our Showing Service queue , capturing any issues that use has the product field "Showing". 

I need to exclude specific request types that have the product field "Showing" , due to other queues capturing those types of requests. 

-Request Report 

-Request Data Integration Support

Also excluding our New feature , issue type because it has it's own queue to go to as well. 

The statuses I do want to pull in this queue are a mix. 

(Issuetype = Incident AND status != "Created In Rally") OR (Issuetype = Problem AND status = "Created In Rally") 

^ Thank you for this , capturing the Created In Rally status IF it is a problem issue type , not a incident issue type. 

Along with Root cause undetermined , Developer Investigates , Waiting for BA , BA at work , Data Change Needed , Developer at work.

^ These statuses come from both the Incident and Problem issue types workflows , I want to capture all of these statuses from both issue types. 

Excluding statuses Open, Work In progress, Root cause determined, Cancelled , Resolved.

Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2022

moving back down to my original answer to continue this discussion...

1 vote
Answer accepted
Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2022

Hi @Sierra

Is this for a quick filter on a board or just the Issue Search? 

Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2022

Hi @Garrett McCreery  , its for a queue I have in a service project. 

Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2022

ok, I am working on an example for you. 

Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2022

Based on what you described above you look like you are on the right track. You should be able to use this:

(Issuetype = Incident AND status != "Created In Rally") OR (Issuetype = Problem AND status = "Created In Rally")

This should result is showing all incidents that have a status other than "Created In Rally" and include all Problems that have a status of "Created in Rally" 

screenshot.png

Like Sierra likes this
Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2022

resolution = Unresolved AND Product = Showing AND issuetype != "New Feature" AND "Request Type" != "Request Report" AND "Request Type" != "Request Data Integration Support" AND status != Resolved AND status != Cancelled

This is the current queue query (I know not pretty) , I may have to rework it entirely to incorporate this new piece. 

Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2022

if you can provide me the pseudocode (written out what you want) I should be able to help you re-write it!

Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2022

okay!!! So you need what we currently have solved for, but you also want these other statuses. No problem...

since we don't need to include Incidents that are "Created in Rally" and we are saying what status you do want, we can remove the first part of the query. Since we are only including, we don't need to exclude any statuses.

(Issuetype = Problem AND status = "Created In Rally") OR (issuetype in (Incident,Problem) and status in ("Root cause undetermined", "Developer Investigates", "Waiting for BA" , "BA at work" ,"Data Change Needed", "Developer at work"))

I don't know if I have typed all your status names correctly, so double check those, but this should work I think.

-Garrett

Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2022

If this has helped you, please accept my response.

Like Sierra likes this
Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2022

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events