Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the scope of Asset and Configuration Management

flim November 16, 2023

I would like to confirm whether the data from Asset and Configuration Management is stored separately for each customer within a single project, or if there is only one set of data per project.

1 answer

0 votes
Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2023

Hi @flim 

Assets information is set in the instance and is usable in JSM , JSW and JSM projects.

This is all depended on the further configuration. To use asset information you will need to create custom fields to be able to use the information on screens.

Check out the getting started guide on assets 

flim November 19, 2023

Can I have separate sets of assets and configuration data for different customers in a single project? How can I define the different customer sets of data?

Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2023

Hi,

You can create multiple object schemas (sets of assets), based on attributes in the objects and configuration on custom fields you could use separate data for different customers.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events