Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about importing Jira project

Andrew Markham March 28, 2023

I recently completed a migration from one Jira Cloud site to another Jira Cloud site, but it looks like a project was missed. This was not brought to my attention until after I close the source Jira Cloud site, but I have a backup of all of the Jira data. 

My question is, how do I import this project from the backup without overwriting the data in the destination Jira Cloud site?

1 answer

2 votes
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

Hello @Andrew Markham ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!

Are you sure about that you have missed the Project, did you check the entities.xml and object.xml file if it contains the configurations or not?

I would suggest you to spin up the new trial site and again restore the backup and then use JCMA to migrate the project data to actual site.

For more information you may please have a look at 

https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/perform-a-cloud-to-cloud-migration-for-jira/

Regards,
Mayur

Andrew Markham March 28, 2023

Hi Mayur, thanks for your quicky reply.

Yes, the project is missing after the migration. Is there another way to import this without spinning up a trial site?

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

As you mentioned your source site is closed, and you have backup then you need to restore backup to one trial site and then migrate the single project to your destination site using JCMA.

Andrew Markham March 29, 2023

So I spun up a trial site, but while importing the Jira backup to it prior to using JCMA, I got an error that the trial site does not have enough licenses for the users (80 or so). How do I get past this?

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2023

@Andrew Markham make sure to convert site from free to either standard or premium.

Andrew Markham March 29, 2023

Okay, I've done that and have the temp instance up and running, however I am now running into further issues migrating the specific project I want because it's a team-managed project. How do I migrate that without losing anything?

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2023

@Andrew Markham JCMA doesn't support team managed project migration for now.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events