Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about emailing to members of an object with member smart value

Phillip Jones May 7, 2024

Hello All,

I am working on an automation to email out a notification to a group that is assigned a ticket. The way we are using our groups is calling them "assignment groups" in our Assets.

The automation I have right now I have attached as a screenshot, the problem I am running into is that when this rule runs it works perfectly, almost. It sends more than one email right now. One to the correct assignment groups and one to EVERY assignment group that ANY of the members are part of.

For example my email is in this group and one other, so both groups get emails.
Another member of the group is in six groups and thus he gets 6 emails and so do the members of those 5 other groups.

Is there a way to make sure it only sends an email to the single assignment group that is assigned on the ticket? I think I am missing a condition or a lookup etc.

Thank you!

Automation object.png

1 answer

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2024

@Phillip Jones

Can you show how you are looking up the objects and then what the smart value is set to?

Phillip Jones May 8, 2024

So I found out the issue, I was looking at all memebers emails and not getting the one from the actual ticket itself.
So my fix was to add this to the AQL lookup: objecttype = "Group name" and key= {{triggerIssue."Group name".key}}

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events