Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Question RE Customer Portal: How to move tickets to the appropriate tabs?

I'd like to move the tickets in the example from the 'Open Requests' tab and move them to the 'Closed Requests' tab.

Tickets in a (sort of) done status show as Blue (rather than Green) within the Customer Portal however within the workflows they are Green. indicating that these tickets should be showing in the 'Closed tickets' tab  ?? Right?? 

What steps do I need to take to move these tickets into the 'Closed tickets' tab???

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hey @Nathan Turner

If you take any of the closed issues and search for them. Do they have a resolution value set? Unless they are "really" resolved for Jira (resolution is set), they are not closed and will, therefor, show up in open request.

Best, Max 

Hi @Max Foerster - K15t thanks for responding. They're set and are Green within the Service Desk. But Blue within the Customer portal. I don't know if that answers your question

Hey @Nathan Turner

Are you aware of the difference between an issue in a status belonging to the Done category (green) and a resolved issue? (strikethrough issue name, resolution value set, resolution date) 

Without a resolution value, the issue will not be treated as closed. It can be in a "green" status, it can be in a "blue" status. The moment a resolution is set, Jira acknowledges an issue as resolved. 

But what worries me more is the issue with the color of the status. Can you share a picture of the workflow with us? Also, a picture of the configuration and workflow status mapping of the affected request type would be interesting. Just to make sure it's not caused by misconfiguration.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs Community Leader Dec 02, 2022

Hi @Nathan Turner this is not good.

First of all, your closed and cancelled tickets should NOT appear under Open requests in the customer portal.

This usually means that the Resolution is not set for these tickets.

Secondly, statuses like 'Closed' or 'Cancelled' should be assigned to the 'Done' status category in your settings. This will make them green instead of blue.

Hi Dave, they are showing as green within the workflows. Which is why it's strange that they show as Blue within the customer portal. 

Do you know how to set the resolution for these tickets ?

Thanks again and i appreciate your response.

Dave Mathijs Community Leader Dec 02, 2022

Have a look at the following KB article: Best practices on using the "Resolution" field

Hi @Dave Mathijs , your advice has been extremely useful and now works for new tickets  that now show within the correct tabs However, all the old tickets remain in the wrong tabs. Can i move them or not do you know?

Thanks Again. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events