Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About my Dashboard

Edmond Dang August 23, 2021

Hi everyone,

I had a question in regards to my Dashboard that is connected to my board.

If you take a look at the board (1st screenshot), including the "Done" column, I only have 21 issues. However, my Dashboard is consistently showing 52 issues (2nd Screenshot). In addition, if I wanted to exclude the "Done" column and only show issues in the "In triage" & "In Progress" columns, how would I go about doing that? Do I need to use a filter or something? If so, how would I do that?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 12.31.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-23 at 12.32.34 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2021

First I suspect that your dashboard is including issues with statuses beyond whitcher board is showing. This would explain discrepancy between the numbers. One quick test to validate that would be to use a two dimensional gadget on your dashboard for the X axis choose status for the Y axis choose maybe issuetype. It's in looking at your Ford it appears that you have three columns it's in triage, in progress, and done. Please check board settings columns to assess which statuses or map to those columns. Then compare those results with that of the two dimensional gadget. Also are you using a backlog in this project if so does that explain the "missing" issues?

Regarding your second question about hiding you're done issues, I would not recommend simply removing the column because in your kanban board you need to be able to move issues to the done column in order to release them. Every kanban bored needs a done or complete column to function properly.

Edmond Dang August 24, 2021

@Jack Brickey Thanks for the response! This could very well be due to the fact that there is a backlog. However, I don't think this adds up still. Currently, right now, my dashboard is showing 49 different issues.

In my board itself I have:
- 3 In Triage
- 5 In Progress
Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 11.30.27 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-24 at 11.30.49 AM.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2021

Ultimately what we’re looking for here is a discrepancy between queries. Fundamentally there can be no other real answer. My point is that whenever you’re looking for an answer to why the numbers don’t add up it’s because of A difference in the queries. Understanding that can help track down why there is a difference and if necessary correct it.

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2021

Hi @Edmond Dang 

Sorry I don't see your screenshots, there is a completely blank space, if you can attach them again to help you.

Cheers

Edmond Dang August 23, 2021

Hey @Vero Rivas ! Thanks! I updated the initial post

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events