Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query automation - Status Waiting for Costumer - Notifies within 3 days and closes on day 5.

Karoline Rezende Ramos December 15, 2022

Hello!
I need some help from you, my friends.

Scenario:
I have an automation that notifies and inserts a comment in the issue when the ticket is on day 3 in Waiting for Customer status using the following JQL: project = "IS" AND status = "Waiting for customer" and updated <= -3d

And I have another one that should close this ticket for lack of interaction on the 5th day.

But because the automation of the 3rd performs an update on the issue, it is no longer working the closure on the 5th day.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can solve this?

Thank you very much in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2022

Hello @Karoline Rezende Ramos 

Please define what you mean by "lack of interaction". Do you mean "there has not been a comment by the Reporter in the past 5 days"? What if there is a comment by another customer/participant on the ticket?

That's right, if the user (Reporter) does not interact and "answer" the analyst via comments on the portal, the ticket is closed.

The issue is that due to the notification and inclusion of a comment on the 3rd day that the ticket is in waiting for customer is interfering with the closure after 5 days, because it is understood that there was an update and does not close after the period of 5 days.
Maybe because I am using the "Updated" for both cases, so I would like to know how I could better structure this automation.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2022

I'm not aware of a way for an Automation Rule to look up comments and determine which one was the last one made by a customer.

You could work around this by having an automation rule that updates a custom date field when a comment is entered by a customer, and then use that date field plus the updated field to determine if the ticket should be closed.

Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 2.25.12 PM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events