cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Change Management configuration in JSM via GraphQL

Ken Young
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2023

I am tying to access my DevOps in JSM via the GraphQL api.  Specifically I am trying to query the connected services list in Change Management (specifically github) to get a list of services that are connected/configured for our deployment notifications from GitHub.   I can't seem to determine what query to run.  Any suggestions or other that have been able find this information (other than the GUI)?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ken Young
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2023

There may be a more direct route, but here is the query I was able to utilize using the devOps query using Atlassian's Graphql api:

Atlassian endpoint:  https://my-company.atlassian.net/gateway/api/graphql

query ChangeMgmt {
devOpsServices(cloudId: "--site--", first: 300) {
nodes {
id
name
organizationId
description
compassId
compassRevision
serviceType {
name
}
jiraProjects {
nodes {
relationshipType
description
devOpsService {
name
}
jiraProject {
name
description
key
}
}
}
}
totalCount
}
}

The query returns of the of services on my site, and under jiraProjects > nodes the "relationshipType" = "CHANGE_MANAGEMENT for there i have set deployment tracking in my service project.   This works for now but there is possibly/probably a better path to take (i.e. through the JSM/Jira project queries I assume)

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2023

@Ken Young -

Since GraphQL is a third party platform, you should contact the vendor directly to obtain technical support.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS