Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Transfer

Tolga Teker May 24, 2023

How to transfer a topic from project A to project B?

image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Hi Tolga - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

On the issue itself, click the three dots menu in the upper right and select Move. Then you can move the issue to another project. 

Screenshot.png

Tolga Teker May 24, 2023

Thanks. I was able to do the migration, but the reporter can no longer track it.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

The Reporter will need Browse Projects permissions on the new project (and probably Create issue permissions). 

Tolga Teker May 24, 2023

Do you know anything about this problem? @John Funk 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

See my previous comment.  :-)

Like Tolga Teker likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2023

Hi Tolga - if you would, please respond inside the thread so that readers can follow the conversation easier. 

You need to have a link between the two projects, then you can update from there. Please share any rule that you have so far. 

Tolga Teker May 26, 2023

image.png

Tolga Teker May 26, 2023

When I add the escalated-mob tag to the topic, it opens a topic to the Mobility project. I would like to see the updates made on the topic opened in the Mobility project, on the topic in my own project.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2023

You need to add an action to the end of that for Link Issues and link the created issue to the trigger issue. 

Tolga Teker May 26, 2023

When I do this, it connects to the problem in the other project. But the update made in the connected problem is not updated in the problem in the other project.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2023

So can you share the rule where you are tying to update one issue based on the connected issue?

Tolga Teker May 26, 2023

When the rule I just shared happens, it both opens a new problem to the other project and establishes a connection.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2023

Good - so what is missing now? 

Tolga Teker May 26, 2023

The changes made in the new issue opened in project B depending on project A are not updated in project A.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2023

So that will need to be a second rule. Create that based on Field Value Changed. Then add a Branch for Linked Issues - identify the link type(s) if needed. 

Then add an action for Edit Issue, select the field and then say copy from Trigger issue. 

Tolga Teker June 2, 2023

It's done now, thank you.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2023

Great! Glad you got it working. 

0 votes
Tolga Teker May 26, 2023

Hi @John Funk , 

Is it possible to copy a topic in project A to project B and update it in both projects when an update is made in any of them?

I was able to create a copy in a different project by creating automation. However, when the transferred project is updated, the other project does not update.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events