Problems solves by articles

Henriette Bossen May 30, 2018

Hi,

We would like to see statistic of how many problems with solve using knowledge article, so we can see article effectiveness under reports. But our report is always 0. So my question is, how de we resolve a request using a knowledge article?

We have tried to search for an article and sharing as a comment, and then resolving the issue. Have also tried to add the link to the article in the comment we set when an issue is resolved. But they do not show up in the statistic. 

2 answers

0 votes
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2018

Hello Henriette,

Some more questions to try to figure out the issue:

• Are you using a third-party app like RefinedTheme for Jira Service Desk? If so, can you try to use the basic JSD portal and see if it works better?
  • Do you see anything in the logs when clicking on "Did this solve your problem" > Yes?

I guess the next step would be for you to contact Atlassian support :)

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Anderson de Souza Ribeiro July 22, 2019

Hi @Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_ ,

I´m facing the same problem, and I'm using Jira Servicedesk and Confluence Cloud in the latest version.

No matter whatever I do, the statistics for the problems solved by an article is always 0.

0 votes
Deleted user May 30, 2018

Hi @Henriette Bossen,

Is you Service Desk set up to receive Customer Satisfaction surveys?

Thanks

Henriette Bossen June 1, 2018

Hi Danny,

Yes we have enabled the setting where they can rate the service, 

Deleted user June 1, 2018

Are you able to view the Requests Deflected report? If so, when you choose a particular day could you upload a screenshot of the results, or lack of results in this case.

Henriette Bossen June 2, 2018

Hi Danny,

I cannot find a requests deflected report. But I researched it a bit, and doesn't it show the same as article usage and article effectiveness report? I tried resolving an issue with an article on the 30th, but there is now hit in either graph

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG 

Deleted user June 3, 2018

Hi @Henriette Bossen,

I have some troubleshooting questions for you, hopefully this will get us nearer to discovering the reason to this problem;

1. Is the confluence space configured as a knowledgebase or something else?

2. What version of service desk and confluence are you using? 

3. Is the knowledgebase widget appearing on the knowledgebase pages? Should be a simple, “was this article useful?”. 

I will escalate this to the other Champions, see if there is something we are missing. 

Thanks

Henriette Bossen June 4, 2018

Hi Danny,

1. The confluence page is configured as a knowledgebase, and it is linked to the service desk. And we have no issues finding knowledge base articles. 

2. We are using following versions:

JIRA v7.3.7
Service desk 3v.5.1
Confluence v6.4.0

3. Could it be this:

Capture.PNG

I don't know if it makes a difference, but our service desk is part of a major Atlassian setup. We have global administration rights, and everything should be set up correctly. 

allie ruby February 16, 2021

Hi there!

I'm having the same question, and I believe you are right with the "was this helpful"

Downfall to this:

My customers bypass the small portal search because of how few articles show, so they don't even see the "was this helpful". We send them directly to the confluence space to look at all articles.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events