Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in queries with custom fields - re-indexing

Dinael Silva July 26, 2021

I have a problem with my JSM that I don't know the cause.
Inside my project I have a custom field that I fill with the user code in my software. But if I clear this field after being filled in and perform a JQL query filtering by user code, the issue is still returned.

Does anyone know what it can be and how to solve it?
In the telegram group I was told that it would be a reindexing problem, but I can't reindex in the cloud.

Thank you very much in advance.

print.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2021

Hi @Dinael Silva , welcome to the Community!

Jira Cloud makes use of some eventually-consistent caches for search results. A fairly long technical explanation is available here if you're interested in the specifics, but the gist is that repeated searches might not match the reality of the issues right away. In your case, you've run a search (which was then cached), made a change to an issue, and then run the same search again. Instead of the search fully running again, Jira's backend is pulling the cached results from the last time you ran that search moments ago.

There are two ways this will change:

1. The cache will expire after some period, and your search will be performed again with the correct results this time
  2. You can make some minor, unimportant change to your search that will cause it to look like a different search - resulting in a cache miss and the search being performed (and not pulled from cache)

I hope that helps explain things a bit! You won't have the ability to reindex the system, or need to (as you may in Jira Server for search inconsistency) since what you're seeing is search result caching behavior.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2021

Hi @Dinael Silva ,

This indeed looks like an indexing issue since the search results does not match up. Would recommend contact Atlassian for additional support on re-indexing as this option is not available.

-Ben

Dinael Silva July 27, 2021

Hi @Benjamin,
I contacted them, but nothing did. They just got back to me asking to open a question in the community, as the support for free accounts is only in the community and that some Atlassian support engineer or user would answer me.

I was honestly upset. Because I'm using the free account in a pilot test to go up to the entire company.

Can you tell me if there is any other way to get in touch with them?

Cheers
Dinael Silva

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2021

Hi Dinael,

Thanks for the update. Let me see what I can find out. 

-Ben

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events