cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private email address

Pritesh Gohil January 12, 2021

I have Jira Service Desk in the cloud
Also I have confluence in the cloud.

Within Service Desk I have clickedon a project and then gone down to customers.

Is it possible to export that list of customers as an excel file?
Also what does (private email address) next to their name mean?
Also some pictures next to their name appears with their initial but others just show a head.  See screen shot.  I have circled the items in blue

12012021.PNG

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

Hi @Pritesh Gohil , 

not sure about the avatars, I look forward to the answer too, when the first letter of the username is used, and when just a head. 

The private email address seems to come from the "Sign in with Apple" option as explained in this developer communication.

For the customer export, go to Site administration > User management > Jira Service Management > Portal  customers > Export users. (Exports a CSV file)

Hope this helped, 

Tessa

2 votes
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2023

I'm still not 100% clear of what's the reasoning behind this.

For example (see image below), we have a list of 4 users here of which one user has an Atlassian account (the first one) and the other 3 have only customer accounts.

While I can see emails for 3 customer accounts, I cannot see the address for a user with Atlassian account. I'm aware that this person can modify their personal settings in Atlassian Account > Profile and visibility, but I'm also a site and org admin and I still cannot see the user email through this page (*project > Customers).

2023-04-24_15-51-06.png

I'm also not sure if there's any system option where you could enable/disable this visibility.

This was, in fact, a request/question from one of our customers so we're trying to determine why the system behaves this way.

P.S. I'm aware that you could easily navigate to User Administration and check the email there, but the question is - why doesn't it show up here as well?
Note that in general configuration, User email visibility is set to Show to logged in users only.

❓Does this mean that if users have an Atlassian account, you won't be able to see their email address via *project > Customers page?

2 votes
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 12, 2021

It depends on the settings in the Atlassian account. If somebody sets that email and photo are private, they are not visible for others.

You can get customers via REST API or you can go to the User Management > Users > Export users (it's the global configuration under your site).

0 votes
AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2023

Hey, 

The reason why those particular users do not show active/inactive status is because they have Atlassian Accounts and are invited to your site by either your site and/or org admin. The status for Atlassian Accounts can be seen in the User management settings (you must be jira or site admin for this setting).

Hope this helps.

Thanks

0 votes
Pritesh Gohil January 12, 2021

What is the difference between Users and Jira Service Management within User Management?

120121a.PNG

Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

Users gives you an overview of your (in-)active, licensed users, per product if you want (Jira, Confluence, Jira Service management agents), or per role (admins, site admins,..) 

Jira Service Management gives an overview of your Jira Service Managent customers, aka unlicensed users for JSM.

Like Troy Anderson likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events