Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority field does not autocomplete when the request type has the default value

Romina Di Girolamo December 21, 2021

Hi all! I'm having a problem in my service desk project. 

The incidents are created with a specific priority value depending on the request type and a few days ago it stopped working. Jira is not assigning the priority value, it only shows the default value. 

But it is assigning other values that I have defined in the request types, the problem seems to be with priority. 

What could I be doing wrong? Has something changed?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Hi @Romina Di Girolamo , I am guessing that there is an Automation rule in place for setting the priority based upon the Request type. Can you check the Automation section under project settings? Assuming this is the case please check the logs for recent failures to assess what may be going wrong.

Hi @Jack Brickey , no, there is no automation rule for this, I'm using this option inside the request type configuration where you can add hidden fields and set a default value for each request type. 

It's working correctly from the beginning, that's why it called my attention

request type config.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Ah yes! I forgot about that as I rarely use it and have not attempted for Priority. When I have a few minutes I’ll give that a try. It is odd that it was working and then stopped. I assume that what is happening is that the priority is set to the system default? Do you know if by chance the workflow has changed recently?

Exactly, it's very rare since the flow has not changed lately.

Do you think it would be better to use some automation rule?

Please give it a try when you have time and let me know. TY so much

And yes, the priority set is the default.
I tried removing the default priority and it always assigned the intermediate one, I changed the default for another one and it assigns that one.

I honestly don't know if it's a configuration error since I've been using it this way for a long time and there were no recent changes.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events