Preventing new tickets by email, but allowing responses to notifications

Angie Thompson March 27, 2023

Good afternoon.

My question is, is it possible to prevent Jira users from raising new tickets by email, while allowing users to respond by email to a ticket notification? 

What we're looking to achieve is a portal-only ticket creation channel, while still allowing users the ability to respond to notifications they are sent on existing tickets by email and have those responses create comments on the ticket. 

Can you have one without the other? 

I can see that this question has been raised previously, link below, but the solution mentioned does not work. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Email-Requests-Prevent-New-Tickets-Via-Email-BUT-Allow-Responses/qaq-p/2058919?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=unpaid-social&utm_campaign=P:online*O:community*I:social_share*

Thank you 

1 answer

0 votes
Chad Jackson March 27, 2023

Looking to do something similar, where only certain System accounts are allowed to create new e-mail Issues. In theory it should limit all e-mail generated issue unless the e-mail comes from Email1,2,3 or 4. Leaving the rest of the system open for issue updates etc.

Curious what others have to say on this subject, we are a few months out from  being able to lock down e-mail issues.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events