Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent notification for organizations but use Request participants

Arnold Leenders March 28, 2022

Using the Jira SD you can configure notifications using project settings > customer notifications.

The To is either Reporter and/or Customers Involved.

The Customers involved group includes Organizations and is large and do not require any update mails, only the Request Participants should be on CC. How can I achieve that?

The Organizations allow these users to lookup such a ticket if they want so for that reason we can not reduce that.

thx

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2022

@Arnold Leenders Welcome to the Atlassian community

The delivered customer notifications will not allow you to distinguish between the two.  You can use an app like JEMH that allows for more email configuration.  If you wanted to you could always set the notification to reporter and then set up an automation to email the request participants.  

Arnold Leenders March 30, 2022

Hi Brant, ended up deleting the std rules and added an automation:

When: Rule is triggered on
Comment is the main action

If: Compare two values
Checks if:
{{comment.internal}} equals false

Initiator is in
Initiator is in
jira-users

Then: Send email
Reporter, Request participants, pending approvers
Issues {{issue.key}} : {{issue.summary}}
was updated

Email:

To*
  Reporter
Cc
  Request participants
Bcc
Subject*
  Issue {{issue.key}} : {{Issue.summary}} was updated
Content*
  {{issue.comment.last.author.displayName}} commented:

{{issue.comment.last.body}}
More options
  From

Like # people like this
0 votes
Bojana March 31, 2023

Hi @Arnold Leenders & @Brant Schroeder 

Let me share with you the answer I got from Atlassian and I can confirm it is working as expected. Actually JSM supports what we are trying to achive. :)

All what you have to do is to either disable "Organization added notification" completely or to set To: Customer Involved instead of Added Organisationfor the "Organization added" notification. Once you do any of the above you will ensure that only reporter and request participants receive any other notifications and not the entire organization even if the organization is set in the issue. So, Organisation-added settings mainly manage the notification that is sent to people in the Organisation.

But please note that this will impact all notifications and when you share a ticket manually with an organisation it won't trigger a notification to all customers from the organisation but to users who are added as request participants and also belong to the same organisation.

One more thing which is worth mentioning is that even if you would use "Organization added notification" and set To: Added Organisation, the organization members would get only one notification where they are informed about the issue and suggested to visit the portal in order to view the request and select Get notifications to follow along, meaning no further notifications will be sent unless they visit the portal and select Get notifications for this issue.

There is no official documentation about this, but as I have heard it is on the way!

Hope this helps! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events