Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Cloud Pricing

Nikolay Petrov November 8, 2021

Hello Community,

Last month our subscription fees for Jira Service Management were increased by 20%. We reached out to Atlassian's team hoping to receive better reasoning behind the increase.

They provided me the following link that included a FAQ section -> https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/future-pricing/cloud-pricing/pricing-tables#jira-service-management

In short, the prices are higher because of the additional features that are developed by Atlassian's team.

Unfortunately, most of these features are useful for Software Dev teams and our Logistics company doesn't receive any additional value from them.

Furthermore, with the Premium cloud pricing last year we had a similar increase in our subscription fees just to retain key functionalities like Automation execution count and unlimited cloud storage for our attachments. In the meantime, we started having trouble with our instance's performance that got worse as we reached Black Friday and the rest of the Holidays for 2020. To this day we continue having difficulties with different components in our instance.

Our suggestion here was to have more complex pricing based on used functionalities (like the Marketplace Apps). 

I will be happy to hear your opinion on our idea. Some feedback from the Product Management team will also be much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Nikolay Petrov

1 comment

Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2021

Hi Nikolay,

From what I can understand regarding this increase in price, I think it is due to the fact that Insight CMDB, Opsgenie features, Automation for JIRA and (soon) ProForma are now included in JSM. Their goal is that JSM become a strong ITSM tool and a serious contender to what is up there and there is a price to pay for having this.  And that's MHO ;)

As for the pricing list, I would prefer that they add tiers to the pricing list instead of making it more complex. What I like about their pricing model is that is simple, no hidden fees like some ITSM tools out there.

Good day,

Carmen

Like Nikolay Petrov likes this
Nikolay Petrov November 9, 2021

Hello Carmen,

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Tools like the Insight CMDB and Opsgenie are indeed powerful but do not add any value for us. We simply don't have a use case for them and the question emerges - why do we pay for new functionalities that we don't use. To top it all off since last year we faced some major performance issues - most of them came through the Holidays when we needed JSM to be most reliable.

Automation for Jira was originally a separate app and we used to pay for its pro version.  Last year, when the new Cloud pricing was revealed it became a part of Atlassian's toolkit and we had to go Premium in order to retain our automations.

Having different tiers is a good idea, it will make the pricing a bit more complex and we just need to find the best of both worlds - fair pricing but not too complex tier list.

Best wishes,

Nikolay 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events