Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to make Knowledge Base public on Confluence free plan?

ashpuk December 8, 2020

I am currently using Jira Service Desk and Confluence cloud services on the free tiers (we are a startup currently building out the KB).

I was wondering whether it is actually possible to allow the Knowledge Base to be available to the general public whilst we remain on these free plans?

When reading the documentation, and the onscreen settings, it seems like this should be possible; I am following this documentation, but when I try to change the Space to Public, I am getting this yellow triangle:

Screenshot at Dec 08 12-50-01.pngIf I then click through to the settings for the space, I come across this:

Screenshot at Dec 08 12-52-33.png

but clicking this does not fix the issue either.

Also the text that says 'Any active user can view this space' implies that this *should* be working.

I have tried removing the linked space and re-added it too, however this has not fixed the issue.

Should this work, or is it because I am on the free tiers?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephan Shere
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2020

Hi Ashpuk,

Confluence free does not allow anonymous access to unfortunately. You can see this on https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/pricing under "Anonymous Access" not being supported in the free version.

I can understand the frustration that this may cause. You'll notice next to the link you're clicking is a 'Try it now' button, which requires you to Upgrade your space permissions.

ashpuk December 8, 2020

Ah ok, I can see on the link provided that clarifies the case - thanks for that, and it seems pretty clear now that this is the issue!

I'm not sure if it is just me though, when looking at the screenshots I posted, the fact that those links are provided and the text that reads 'Any active user can view this space' implies (to me at least) that this should be working.

Anyways, subscription it is then - thanks again!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events