Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal - help Desk content how do I hide a For managers tab from non-management users

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2019

On the Portal we we have the help desk tab. I want to only let basic customers to see the General ticket tab. We have a  for managers tab that we want only management to see. Do I need to create a group for managers to allow them to see this tab and restrict it from other users?

Please help!

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2019

Hi Aaron,

Just to make sure that we are on the same page when you mention Tab you mean the projects on the main page, is that correct?
If so, if you need to restrict the projects, one for customers and other for managers, you must close the projects so only people admin adds to the project will be able to see it on the customer portal.
To set the project as closed, you must go to Project settings > Customer permissions > Who can access the portal and send requests to? > Customers my team adds to the project > Save.

Please, take your time to test and let us know if it works for you.

Regards,
Angélica

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2019

Angelica, 

Yes I mean the projects that show on the customer portal. We had a second service desk that we had taken away from there. I was wondering if we are able to hide specific content on the portal from specific users or groups. We have two issue types again has I pointed out a general ticket and then for managers and want to separate so general customers do not see the managers ticket forms so there are no confusions with what ticket type to enter from the portal. 

With what you explained there is only one project at this time on the portal. If I was to do this will this make general customers unable to see the portal or on the invite only let managers see the extra content? 

The managers are also in the instance customers we just want to restrict some ticket types to make it less confusing on the end users and also so they are not putting in specific request that only manager customers should be accessing.  

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2019

Currently, when you have a project and add customers or users to the project, everyone will be able to see all request types available, it's not possible to restrict that. We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-195
In this case, the best option would it be to have two separated projects, one for managers and other for customers, but for them to do not see both projects, you will need to set the customer permission to "Customers my team adds to the project" on each project, so only people that admins add to the projects will be able to see the request types.

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2019

Thanks for the advice @Angélica Luz , I will look into making changes to adding a new project. Have a good one. 

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events