Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop comments window when changing issue workflow

Nick Dring April 21, 2021

Hi there, I wanted to know how I go about adding a pop-up window for comments when a JSD agent changes the workflow status.

At the moment an agent would add a comment informing the colleague that their request has been done and we are awaiting their approval. So the steps an agent would take are:

• Click on the comment field
  • write the comment
  • click on share
  • go change the status by selecting Waiting for Approval in the Workflow drop down.

The colleague would receiver two email notifications, the comment and the status change.

I want to change the steps so that the agent would

• change the status by selecting Waiting for Approval in the Workflow drop-down (which brings a pop-up window where the agent can add comments)
  • agent writes comments
  • click on share

Now the status changes and one email goes out to the colleague with both the comment and the approval request button.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2021

Hi @Nick Dring ,

You can map a screen to a transition. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/map-a-screen-to-a-workflow-transition-in-jira-server-720634253.html 

When you create screen without fields the only thing that is shown is the comment.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-add-a-comment-during-a-transition-779160682.html

Is this what you are looking for?

Regards Marco

Nick Dring April 21, 2021

Marco that is exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Screen mapped to transition :)

Cheers

Nick

Like Marco Brundel likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events