Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permissions Issue in Customer Portal ?

Touqeer Anjum January 4, 2024

Hi,

I seem to be facing an issue with a user being unable to view the project in the Portal.

4.png

The user is a Customer, and not an agent, but there is no Project in his Portal, and the Permission Helper shows the below. 

is not a member of any of these project roles: Service Desk Team, Administrators, atlassian-addons-project-access. You can change this by going to the 'JIRA1' project roles

1.png

All permissions seem to be fine but I did not understand why its showing above to add thei customer to the mentioned roles.

User is added to Project Settings > People as well with Service Desk Customer Role.

2 answers

0 votes

Thanks,

The user is showing as Invited, and was last active today.

5.png

0 votes
Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2024

Hi @Touqeer Anjum 

To me, It might be that the user associated with this email address is disabled in Atlassian Administration.

Are you able to check this, otherwise ask a site or org admin to check. 

Hi @Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam 

I have checked, the user is not disabled.

5.png

Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2024

Hi @Touqeer Anjum 

Not in product access.

You need to be in the "Directory" section in Atlassian Administration and within "Users" find the use and look at the user details.

example of a suspended user

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 15.09.56.png

This user could still have product access, but this gets overruled by the fact the user is suspended.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events