Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'People', 'Dates', 'Agile'n - Feedback Collection Board

marianna_taborda April 15, 2024

Hello guys!

I'm looking to create a feedback collection board so our frontline teams can collected feedback and filter it by using the upvote functionality. 

• We are looking to have the upvote so that we can gather interest and have a way to categorise feedback, most likely using labelling of some sort;
  • We want to understand if we should go with a company-managed or team-managed project?
  • Should we have a service project or a software? 

How do I create a broad so that I can achieve this? Any tips?

Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 15.59.15.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2024

Hi @marianna_taborda,

You might want to take a look at Jira Product Discovery. That could be exactly the thing you are looking for.

Hope this helps! 

Thank you @Walter Buggenhout ! 

Was this ticket, and the general feedback collection by Atlassian, done on a Jira Product Discovery board?

My issue is that the company I work for has already tried so many things in Jira and other platforms to collect feedback that we're running out of options here. The reason most feedback collection fails is simply because we push for the creation of a ticket for each piece of feedback provided by the users. This is enough to overwhelm anyone and our PTs inevitably end up not paying any attention to the feedback we collect. 

That is the reason I'm so interested in having self-filtering options, tbh. 

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2024

No, the screenshot you included is - am I guessing - just coming from Atlassian's public Jira Software instance. What you see there are the built-in vote and watch features of a Jira (Software) ticket.

But since Atlassian builds the product themselves, they don't have to worry about the licensing cost of such an approach. They can let the entire world have an account - for example - without the need to pay for unlimited licenses.

Jira Product Discovery is a fairly recent product build specifically for collecting and prioritising ideas, and linking that to the development work. Do take the time to look at the approach on the page I've linked and drill into the how it works section:

Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 18.06.05.png

The capture / prioritise / engage / connect sections should give you a fairly good idea of how this may tap into your use case.

Thank you @Walter Buggenhout ! 

Since this is only to collect feedback from internal teams - who all have an Atlassian license-, I think we'll be grand with that option of making Jira Software 'public'. Do you know if we can still have it private, but those with Viewer access can still use the vote & watch features? Like, I'm struggling to have a portal view of a Jira Software project here, tbh.

I've also put in a request for Jira Product Discovery as it may help us down the line manage the suggestions submitted, but it will have to go through approval which may take a while. 

Thank you again for the help so far - most appreciated!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events