cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing multiple objects through automation

Lucas Howard
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 20, 2021

Hello!

I'm using Jira Service Mangement requests to automate employees updating their Insight User data. I'm running into an issue where users may select multiple objects to be assigned to a field in their Insight object. A single object will work, but multiple gives me an error.

My automation is set up like this:

Screenshot 2021-09-20 141203.jpg

Under "And: Edit Insight field attributes," I'm specifically having trouble with multiple BadgeObjects.

Screenshot 2021-09-20 141340.jpg

Where customfield_10132 is an Insight object field that selects available email signature badges. customfield_10106 is another Insight object field for Users. I used a pipe to use the current object data if the user left the field blank in the request.

This is the error I'm running into when the automation runs:

Screenshot 2021-09-20 141125.jpg

The value is assigned when one object is selected, but not more than one. How can I assign multiple objects to an Insight field attribute using automation?

EDIT: Should also note that the attribute I'm trying to edit has it's cardinality set to 0 to unlimited. I can assigned multiple objects directly through Insight. It's only through Jira Automation that I can't edit the Insight attribute to reference multiple objects.

1 answer

0 votes
Greg Ferguson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2021

Hi Lucas,

We only support single values from automation regardless of the attribute's cardinality for the edit object action.

Snow Fox June 2, 2022

I have the same problem and came across this post:

James Twidale June 14, 2023

I have a similar problem. @Greg Ferguson is there a workaround yet, considering this was posted nearly 2 years ago? Only having the ability to do one object when you give the option to have unlimited is a bit ridiculous.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events