Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partially Bulk editing a field in assets

Dan.Blackwood May 25, 2023

I'm working on cleaning up a list of assets that are using different naming conventions:

Some are AAA - XXX

Some are BBB - XXX

Some are AAB - XXX

I want to all to have a new convention of CCC - XXX

Is there an argument I can make in the bulk asset edit that will cause it to only edit the 'AAA' to 'CCC'? Currently it will rename 'AAA - XXX' to 'CCC', without the XXX.

1 answer

0 votes
Ingo Wenke May 26, 2023

Hi @Dan.Blackwood ,

first, filter your assets in your asset view by using the search feature (left hand side in the assets view).

Use "!=" to exclude values in the advanced search.

when only those assets are listed which you would like the change, go to bulk actions (right  hand side in the assets view) and choose "edit objects".

You can choose which attributes you would like tho change.

Safeguard: Before the update is performed, a summary of the change has to be confirmed.

Dan.Blackwood May 26, 2023

Hey @Ingo Wenke ,

Thanks for coming back to me on this. I had already tried what you've suggested, but it still overwrites the entire field.

To clarify - I have a table with a bunch of locations where the name field is 'Resort - Location'. I want to do a bulk edit so that they say 'Hotel - Location'. But if I try the bulk edit it just changes 'Resort - Location' to 'Hotel'.

How do I get it to NOT change the '- Location' part of the field? It's all one field, not two separate ones.

Ingo Wenke May 26, 2023

Hi @Dan.Blackwood ,

ok, I've got it.

We have solved a similar requirement with an export to good old excel and re-import to assets.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events