Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parent link is locked

Sari December 29, 2021

Hello, 

I want to enable the "parent link" for linking the EPICS to initiatives, but the the parent link is "locked". 

For my understanding I need to change the Configuration scheme in order to enable this field, but I don't get how to do It. 

Could you please assist? 

Thank you!

Schermata 2021-12-29 alle 12.08.09.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2021

Welcome to the Community!

The field is locked to prevent administrators mis-configuring the system.  In this case, it's actually stopping you from removing the field from places that need it.

If you look at the settings for this field, the context is already set for "Global (all issues)", so it is already "enabled".

What makes you think you need to change this to "enable the field"? 

Sari December 29, 2021

Hello @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- , thanks for your reply!

I assumed that It was disabled, because It is not shown in the Epic "Menu" as you can see from the attachments. 

Sari December 29, 2021

A.pngB.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2021

Um, that's not how the parent link field works.  It will appear on screens where it is appropriate.  Try viewing one of your Epics and looking to the right-hand panel, you should see Parent Link available in there, IF your Epic can be added to an intiative.

Sari December 29, 2021

Yes, I looked at the right-hand panel but It the parent link field is missing :-( 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 29, 2021

Ok, go to Advanced roadmaps and find (or even create) a plan that includes your Epic.  Check that there are one or more initiatives defined in the plan.  If there are none, then the parent link field is missing because there is nothing to link the Epic into.

Sari December 29, 2021

Hello, the point is that I also don't see the advance roadmaps from the left menu and I don't even see any roadmap button. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 29, 2021

Do you have a "Plans" option in the top menu?

Sari December 29, 2021

No, I don't have this option...maybe I don't have the correct version of Jira. Schermata 2021-12-30 alle 08.39.10.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2021

Ok, that makes sense.

It's not quite the version of Jira, Advanced Roadmaps is a premium subscription to Cloud (or a DC addon).

But it's AR that provides the layers above Epic that you would link an Epic into.  You don't have those layers, so the parent link has nothing to link to.  So it won't appear on Epics.

Like Sari likes this
Sari December 31, 2021

Ok, thank you for the help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events