POST form data after form submitted

Peter Seabrook August 29, 2022

Hi Team,

I am currently trying to build out a little webhook using automtion forms.

I want to be able to send a json payload containing the form data so that can be sent somewhere else for processing.

For example: I want to create a new backend service and my fiends would be:
- Service name(string field)
- Database require?(check box)

I want to be able to send a POST request once the form is submitted to an endpoint which will take the json payload "{"svc-name": "{{ form.svc-name }}, "db-required": false}" for provisioning by another service.

Currently I can't figure out or find any documentation on how to access the fields from the submitted form data.

Any help on this would be amazing!

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

@Peter Seabrook -

Welcome to the community.  Take a look at this link for smart value in relates to JSON for automation for Jira - https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-json-functions/

Since you mentioned "Forms" data (formally know as Proforma Forms), unless you map your form element to your Jira/JSM issue's field,  there is no way for one to retrieve the Forms' content in the Cloud env.  As of now Forms RESI APIs are only available for Atlassian's DC/Server env, and I believe they are working on it to make them available for the Cloud env.

With that being said, if you mapped your Forms elements to actual Jira/JSM issues fields, then you can just obtain those element values from smart value for issues.

Here is how you can do to conduct the Forms element mapping to Jira/JSM issue fields - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/link-a-form-field-to-a-jira-field/

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events