Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing Mail Server - Can't view/amend

Simon Griffiths October 6, 2021

Hi all,

I've just opened our Jira Service Management account. I'm the Org Admin and I want to setup our 365 SMTP settings but when I view "Global Settings > Outgoing Mail" I only have the option to disable/enable SMTP.

I've referred to this guide - https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-an-smtp-mail-server-to-send-notifications-947184044.html - which states "you must be logged in as a user with the Jira System Administrators global permission".

As the Org Admin, I would have thought I had this by default, but never mind. I am the only admin in the account. 

As per the document, I don't appear to be able to add myself to a jira-system-administrators group as it doesn't exist. I do however have jira-admins-team-xxxxxxx and jira-servicemanagement-users-team-xxxxxxx groups of which I am a member but still have not access to SMTP.

Please could anyone offer some advice on how to rectify this?

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2021

Hi Simon, welcome to the community. The article that you referred to above is for Server not Cloud. In  cloud  you do not have the option to change your outgoing mail server. There are add-ons such as JETI or JMEH that you may wish to consider if this is a requirement.

Simon Griffiths October 7, 2021

Thank you for your reply. I didn't spot that distinction, so thanks for clarifying :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events