Organization Properties

riseli December 23, 2021

I found the option to set properties for organizations trough the rest-api.

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/api-group-organization/#api-rest-servicedeskapi-organization-organizationid-property-propertykey-put

I'm wondering where those informations will be displayed, respectively if

1. they will be able to be displayed in issues where a customer of this organization is the reporter.

2. they will be able to be queried as part of the request information that a customer of this organization raised

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2021

@riseli -

Welcome to the community.  In JSM, "Organizations" is associated to the user's object.  By default, once a user (customer) is tagged with an organizations value, then when one views the issue in the project UI, the field will be displayed in the "People" section related to the REPORTER only.

2021-12-23_8-49-48.png2021-12-23_8-48-14.png

Yes, it can also be queried via JQL - example (see below)

2021-12-23_8-57-18.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

riseli January 3, 2022

Thanks, unfortunetly that's not really what is had in mind.

I was talking about properties to add further information about the organization like -> ID of the organization, Segment, adress, and so on.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2022

@riseli -

Unfortunately,  Organization (out ot the box in JSM) doesn't work that way.  Here is a link from Atlassian in regards to Organization -

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/group-customers-into-organizations/

I would recommend you to contact Atlassian Support further.

Best, Joseph

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2022

Also - I would recommend you to add yourself as a watcher of this current Atlassian ask - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-5966

As Atlassian is gathering interests from users on the functionality to store more information against Organization. 

Otherwise, you will need to look into Marketplace for paid add-ons.  Out ot the box, it is not possible to achieve what you are asking for.

Best, Joseph

riseli January 3, 2022

Hey Joseph

Thanks, I thought so but was a bit confused as I stumbled upon this API Endpoint, called organization properties..

Best Rea

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2022

@riseli -

Yes, I agreed.  It will be up to Atlassian at this time to provide a solution where more attributes can be displayed/queried associated with Organization object.

Sorry for not able to assist better.

Best, Joseph

0 votes
Mike Alexander February 14, 2023

I'm also interested in this topic as I want to attach properties to an Organisation and then use JQL query to search based on those properties. For example, I'd like to add properties to an organisation so that when a JSM issue is raised and associated with an Organisation, we can set the SLA timings for that issue (which will vary from one Organization to another).

I've managed to store custom key/value pairs against an Organisation using the REST API (and Postman), so now I just need to know how I can use the properties in a JQL query.

Anyone have any ideas?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events