Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organization Hierarchies

Armi Lawrence
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 1, 2021

When I look up hierarchies for Jira, it is regarding epics/stories/tasks. Is there an organization hierarchical level? Example, Parent Company and Child Company?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-software-evaluator-resources/jira-software-hierarchy

Thank you.

Armi

4 answers

0 votes
Winston Leong
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 7, 2022

I guess I am also asking a similar question.

For example, "Company Mother" has 3 subsidiaries - "Company Child A", "Company Child B" and "Company Child C".

I am the Org Admin for "Company Mother" + all 3 subsidiaries. For each subsidiary, I am appointing an Admin to manage them.

The Admins in "Company Child A", "Company Child B" and "Company Child C" cannot see the contents of each other. Similar, the team members of each subsidiary cannot see other subsidiaries' contents. The only way to see the contents of another subsidiary is via invitation to the team/project.

May I ask if Jira is capable to support this arrangement?

If not, is there any method we can achieve the same/similar arrangement?

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2023

@Winston Leong I think that's a completely whole different topic than what was discussed here. In short, yes, it should be possible by creating three distinct sites where the user base is not shared among them - but I think it would be better to ask in a new thread about it.

It would need some experts on it who can say more in detail if this works out fine, and how.

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2021

Hi @Armi Lawrence

re-reading your question I am not sure if it is about issue hierarchies as you mention organizations and have tagged "Jira Service Management."

Organizations are used to group customers - you can read more about it here:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/group-customers-into-organizations/

However, in case you would like to specify if the information Jacob and Fabian already gave address what you were looking for Community members are likely able to advise further.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Jacob Vu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2021

Hi @Armi Lawrence

The only other issue type that you could have is an initiative. The only way that I think you'd be able to create hierarchies above Initiative would be to create separate projects. 

Hope that helps.

Jacob

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2021

Hi @Armi Lawrence

You can build any customized hierarchies in jira and use customized relationships.  If you could explain what you are trying to build in detail, we can provide you with suggestions.

Thsnks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events