Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options to choose pages when creating an article linked to an issue in JIRA service desk management

Debby July 5, 2021

Hi All,

We are using JIRA Service Desk Management for client issues and confluence for creating knowledge articles.

When I try to create a KB article from within a JIRA Issue, it gives me only two templates to choose from : "How-to-articles" and "Troubleshooting". Then it always takes me to the home page of the linked Confluence space by default to create an article.

So my queries are:

1. How to add another template to the list of options when creating an article from within JIRA?
  2. Is there an option for me to choose the pages or subpages when creating an article from within JIRA? or, I HAVE to create the article in the home page and then move it from home page to other pages?

I am aware that an article can be created separately in the desired pages in the linked space and then can be tagged or linked to an issue. But we want a service desk agent to be able to create an article from within JIRA issue to link it right away under the right pages and not on the home page.

Thank You!!!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2021

Hello @Debby,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When it comes to creating new articles from Jira, currently, it’s limited to those two templates (How-to and Troubleshooting) and it’s not possible to add more.

There is a feature request suggesting to add more templates:

It’s also not possible to select the parent page when creating the new article. It will be by default added to the page tree of the space linked to the project and then it will be necessary to move the new article under the desired parent page. 

There were no suggestions related to that, so based on your request, I created one:

Please, click on vote and watch both tickets to receive future updates from our product teams.

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Armand Luziau_Elements_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 16, 2021

Hi,
I'm with Elements, and we just released a new app Elements Publish to Confluence that might meet your needs. The app allows you to create pages from Jira with issue data.

2021-08-12 14_14_02-Start creating Confluence pages from Jira - Elements Apps.png
Check out this article that explains how to create Confluence pages linked to Jira issues with the app.

Popular use-cases include:

• Bug analysis
  • Post-mortems
  • Knowledge base articles
  • User story details
  • Meeting notes
  • Marketing projects
  • Employee onboarding preparation

Let me know if you have any questions!

Armand :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS