Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opsgenie welcome letter

David Loper January 13, 2022

When we add users to JSM they are getting a email from opsgenie@opsgenie.net with the email:

#####################################

Subject: "An account administrator has invited you to Opsgenie, Modern Alert & Incident Management from Atlassian"

%USERNAME%

Welcome to Opsgenie!

An account administrator has invited you to join Opsgenie's alert management service to receive notifications via email, mobile, apps, SMS, and voice.

Getting Started may be a good place to start your evaluation of Opsgenie.

Can we help you with anything else? Please contact us with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Activate Your Account

#####################################

So how do I turn this off or modify the content so that users that will not be using the Opsgenie portion of their JSM licensing aren't sent these emails.

1 answer

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2022

Hello @David Loper,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Testing on my local site and also on a brand new one, the invitation was different and after searching on internal documentation and conversations, I found out that this invitation is only sent when using User Provisioning.

I’m checking with OpsGenie and also Identity team to check if it’s possible to disable this invitation to OpsGenie. Since we are in different timezones, it may take a while until I have a response. 

Kind regards,
Angélica

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2022

Hi David,

Can you please check on Cog icon > User management > Product access if the OpsGenie group is listed there?

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 12.14.17.png

When configuring user provisioning, it shows some groups as well that users will be added, is OG listed there as well?

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 12.13.09.png

Linette George January 24, 2022

@Angélica Luz 

See screenshot- opsgenie group is not default access group for JSD. Also any feedback from the Opsgenie team on whether this can be disabled?

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 4.57.07 PM.png

Linette George January 24, 2022

@Angélica Luz Is the screenshot of user provisioning from Atlassian Access?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
January 25, 2022

Hi @Linette George

Thank you for sharing the details!

I was waiting for the details from David for the next steps, and now with your comment, I went ahead and shared it with the Identity team.

My second screenshot is from user provisioning, but just the first step of the configuration. I'm unable to test this feature due to limitations regarding domain and identity provider, so I escalated this case to the Identity team to check if there is a way to disable the OpsGenie invitation. 

Once I have a response, I'll share it here. 

Kind regards,
Angélica

David Loper January 25, 2022

Thanks for the followup with Linette, Angelica. 

Linette has more access to our screens for the JSM than I do. I'm the Opsgenie admin and I didn't see any control in Opsgenie for this. As you mentioned, it would be a part of provisioning.

Thanks for working with my team member on this!

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
January 27, 2022

Hello @David Loper and @Linette George,

After talking with the Identity and OpsGenie team, there are some details to share with you.

First, since it is related to an invitation, I escalated it to the Identity team, but they said that this type of invitation is triggered by OG.

So, I escalated it to the OG team and they said that, when JSM is merged with OG, there will be only one user group on the Atlassian User Directory called jira-servicemanagement-users-<sitename>, so when the user is invited they will be granted access to OG and synced to OG user list. 

With this said, they will receive the invitation you mentioned in your question and it’s expected, it’s not possible to disable.

David Loper January 27, 2022

Thanks for looking into this Angelica!

I'll pass it along to other team members as well.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events