OpsGenie Priority Level and JIRA Service Management Priority

Peter Yiu June 24, 2021

Hi,

Is the OpsGenie Priority Level and JIRA Service Management Priority the same?

I am trying to set a trigger a Highest Priority Issue in a JIRA Service Project to OpsGenie so it will fire off an Alert.

Thanks,

Peter

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2021

OpsGenie and JSM priorities are not directly linked.

If you just want a JSM ticket with the Highest priority to send an alert to OpsGenie you can modify the JQL in the webhook.

project = XXXX AND issuetype = "Incedent" AND Priority = "Highest" (Not true JQL, just an example).

If you do want the JSM and OpsGenie priority types to match, take a look here: How do I match JSM to Opsgenie priority level?

Peter Yiu July 5, 2021

Hi Chris,

Thank you. I've managed to upgrade to Premium to get the phone calls.

According to the system the following JQL gives me a valid checkbox for the syntax

JQL: project = "Test Support" AND priority = Highest

However it DOESN'T fire off a notification

*~*

When i simply reduce it as the below, it works:

JQL: project = "Test Support"

The priority filter looks simple enough. not sure what is causing the issue

Chris Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2021

This is the code we use, only the project name replaced:

project = "XXX " AND "Request Type" = "Desktop/Laptop support (XXX)" AND (priority = Critical OR priority = Highest OR priority = High)

The only thing I could think of is your priority scheme is off. Maybe you are selecting critical and you think that's highest?

You can also check the logs to see if Jira is sending the webhooks. In Opsgenie that's under Settings - Logs.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events