Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only agents have access to Asset Management

SheshaChandra November 28, 2022

Hi,

I'm looking into Asset and configuration management available in JSM Premium version. I noticed that only JSM agents can view Assets option in toolbar.  

Is there an option to allow Jira service desk customers to access Asset management without making them an agent ?

Thanks in advance,

Shesha Chandra

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2022

@SheshaChandra -

Unfortunately, it is not possible for JSM customers to access the Asset menu because it is only available via the project UI and not within the portal UI.  Therefore, one must be granted with agent license to be able to access the project UI.

In general, customers don't have access to the project UI.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

SheshaChandra November 28, 2022

@Joseph Chung Yin , Thanks for confirming.  Do you know if this request is in pipeline ?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2022

@SheshaChandra -

As far as I know, there is no enhancement/feature request ask submitted to Atlassian on this topic.  

If my information helped you, please click on Accept answer when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

0 votes
Björn Frauen _STAGIL_ November 29, 2022

Hi @SheshaChandra

how do you want your service management customer to interact with the assets?

Best regards
Björn

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events