Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One user is not receving Atlassian emails

Rémy Dupuis October 13, 2022

Hello,

The issue is that one user don't receive any email, there's no issues in the email tool, the user is unable to receive password notifications, sign up notifications, anything. There are no rules that would impact this as I am the system administrator. I have followed the IP and domain whitelisting at the beginning of using Jira.

Can you check on your side ?

Thx in advance

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2022

Hello @Rémy Dupuis

This is Petter from Atlassian Support. Welcome to the Community!

I've opened an internal ticket for you, as we will need some confidential information to further troubleshoot your issue. I just sent a message through that ticket describing the required information, which you should've received in your email.

Please, let us know that information to proceed with your support.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2022

Thanks @Petter Gonçalves !!

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2022

Hi Rémy,

You need to open a support ticket with Atlassian to see if the email address has been blacklisted for some reason. That has nothing to do with you whitelisting IPs on your side.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Thx for your quick answer, but with the free version, I don't have access to the support, only to the forum.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2022

Okay, let me see if I can get someone from Atlassian to take a look.

Many thx

0 votes
Rémy Dupuis January 16, 2023

Hello,
I have the same issue again.
Would it be possible to unlock an other user for me ?

Best Regards

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2023

Hi @Rémy Dupuis

I have cleared the suppressions from our side. I found the following message in response:

550: 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS({hex}) [MR2FRA01FT015.eop-fra01.prod.protection.outlook.com]

When we have this specific error code, there are steps you can take to prevent this problem.  I would recommend walking through this article over in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Unblocking-Office365-emails-for-Atlassian-Cloud/ba-p/1870108

It explains some steps you can take from within Office365 to prevent this from happening in the future for active email accounts. 

Cheers,

Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events