Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One servicedesk for different projects? Is it a good idea?

Cindy Poltrock
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 5, 2024

Why do I create different service desks for different projects? Why don't I create a service desk for all projects if the projects are similar? Are there technical limitations for a project?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2024

Hi @Cindy Poltrock 

you would seperate Service Desk projects based on Customers (the people who open requests), Agents (the people working on said requests) and related topics.

The only way to restrict one and the same customer to create one type of request but not another is to have them in seperate projects (in Standard JSM anyway).

You have one central Help Desk (Website) for your JSM site. Every project gets it's own portal. Every portal has a set of Request types, can be visible or not, has it's own customers, look & feel....

So: if for all your projects, the customers are the same, request types are similar and the same group of people are working on the request: no need for seperate projects

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events