Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Tickets

Deleted user June 18, 2021

Though i have closed the tickets long back, few old tickets can still be seen in the queues.take screenshot in windows 10 - Google Search - Google Chrome 18-06-2021 14_47_36 (2).png

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2021

Hi,

This is because the queues are based on resolution, not based on Status.

So the closed tickets don't have a resolution set.

Regards,

Laurens

1 vote
Answer accepted
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2021

Hello @[deleted] 

Like Dirk and Laurens said is correct queues are based on resolution, and you is not set, probably missing a workflow post-function at the time, anyway here is how to fix it.

You need to add a post function to transition Resolved/Closed post-function that will set the resolution to Done.

To edit old issues with unresolved resolution follow these steps

Bulk edit resolution

What you need to do is bulk edit the issues, but you need to edit the workflow first.

I don't know if you are using done or closed or resolved as an end status, I'll write the example in with closed but it's all the same.

1. Add a new transition from CLOSED to CLOSED and name it Done Fix on this transition add a post-function that sets the issue resolution to DONE

2.  publish the workflow, you can save a copy 

3. Go to issue navigator find all issues that are in status CLOSED and resolution is Unresolved

4. In the top right corner, you will see Tools click on that bulk change

5. Select all issues

6. Choose transition issues -> choose Done fix

7. Choose not to send an email for this change if it offers

After you do this bulk edit you can remove Done Fix transition from workflow, that transition was necessary for fixing the error via bulk edit, future/new issues won't have this problem since you set the resolution before CLOSE.

BR, Olga

Hi @Olga Videc  

It shows no options available and I'm unable to add anything new in the transition,

It is more like a search bar.

Thanks.

IT Support (IT_Infra_Admin) - Queues - Service project - Jira - Google Chrome 18-06-2021 18_37_10 (2).png

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 18, 2021

You need to edit the workflow.

Are you a Jira admin? Who administers your Jira or project?

Also, does this happen to newly crated tickets? If not you could reopen those three and close them again, but watch for re-open notification.

If you are not in charge of administering your project please contact the person responsible and tell him to change these three issues resolution, she/he will know what to do.

BR, Olga

Oh okay, I'm the jira site admin. 

2 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 18, 2021

Hey @[deleted] ,

well you're viewing the All Open queue. Could you check the definition of that queue?

Often the "Resolution" field is used and if you didn't set that when Closing the issues they will remain visible in the queue.

So I'd say, check what the filter is on that queue and adjust accordingly.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events