Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object type filter result

Stefan Schumacher July 21, 2022

Hi community,

question about object type filtering. As you see in the screenshot, when I filter for "Inventarnummer" the result would be excpected to show all 82 entries, however it is limited to 10 results (Same for Key, for example) This also happens in other object schemes.

The message at the bottom: "Found 10 unchecked, showing 10" also appears for every filter I set.

I don't understand whats heppeining, but to me it seems this filtering makes no sense this way. Maybe I misunderstand the functionality, but expected outcome is something else.

Insight FIlter.png

Regards Stefan

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2022

Hi @Stefan Schumacher,

This is a performance thing. In your screenshot you see a filter box, where you are expected to select 1 or more options, which will then act as filter criteria for your list of objects. If you start typing in the search box at the top, that should narrow down the list of available options. 

But as I mentioned, you should select something before the actual list of objects on your screen gets filtered.

Hope this helps!

Stefan Schumacher July 24, 2022

Thanks for the explanation, This helps understanding how this filter works, but I don't see it as very effective.

It appears that a naming convention that uses counting up should be implemented on the left of the field, else I don't see how I could filter for Inventory items MC-01900001 to MC01900007 (in this example)

Is there any kind of document that explains the best practice use? I couldn't find anything.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events