Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notify the customer of the problem resolution date

Stefan M October 28, 2022

Hi, I need to set a notification to the customer about the date of resolution of the problem, when I need a few days or I will start dealing with the request in a few days.
I do this through the available term field When I have a request and set the term I do not see the option to notify the customer, nor in the options of the notifications themselves do I see the option to set such.

I need to add some other field ?

Please help.

2 answers

0 votes
Stefan M November 2, 2022

@Trudy Claspill automation work great! , but how to attach the selected date to an email?

i tried by {{mediumDate}} but nothing showed up

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2022

Hello @Stefan M 

Service Management projects have a limited number of options for setting up customer notifications. You can see the available option by going to Project Settings > Customer Notifications.

Notifying the custom when a specific field changes is not one of those options.

What you could do is create an Automation Rule that detects a change to that field. When that change occurs you could either have the rule add a comment to the issue so that an email would be generated by the comment or you could use the Send Email action to send an email directly to the Reporter of the issue.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automate-your-jira-cloud-processes-and-workflows/

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2022

@Stefan M 

Show us the details of your rule.

Show us the details of the email you are trying to send.

What type of field is the "term" field?

Stefan M November 3, 2022

@Trudy Claspill 

The term / date field was set automatically. I did not add another date field just the one that is "built in" when creating a new request form.

My automation looks like this :
The value of the field has changed - the selected date field
then send an email - to the submitter, with the subject "Submission {{issue.key}} has been updated." With the subject line " Your submission will be resolved by {{mediumDate}}. " .

I get an email with the message but no date specified.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 3, 2022

Where you have used {{mediumDate}} you need to be specifying the field that contains the date you want to include. "mediumDate" is the format you want to apply to a date field. You have to tell it the date field to use. For example if the date field is named "term" you would use {{issue.term.mediumDate}}

I am less familiar with Jira Service Management built in fields. Can you provide a screen image that shows the "term" field?

Also, can you confirm that the field is not a Custom Field by going to your Custom Fields page and searching for it? If the field is found, then it is a custom field rather than a built in field.

The Custom Field page is found by clicking on the gear icon near your Avatar, then selecting Issues, then Custom Fields.

Stefan M November 4, 2022

@Trudy Claspill 

i have my answer :)

field is called duedate 

this can be found in : 

https://your-domain.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/field

so mail looks like " ur  ticket will be  done in {{issue.duedate.longDateTime}} "

Now I have to find date settings to be in my language :)

Any ideas?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events