cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notify customer when a form was set to open

David Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2024

Is it possible somehow to notify a customer once a form is made available externally?

I can not find any trigger for this action. I tried "field value changed" with open and total forms field, but it won't work.

Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2024

Hi David,

Not sure if when accessing forms via automation or REST API you can get form visibility. If so, what you could potentially do is have some scheduled automation that checks the attached form(s) and checks the form visibility parameter (if it's set to external). This is not the prettiest solution and, personally, I wouldn't go forward with implementing it.

However, there seems to be a suggestion for history logs for form changes, and as per the last comment, this might be implemented/released sometime within the next year: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-10657 🤞 With that, I guess trigger like 'issue updated' would be good to go with for desired result.

Cheers,
Tom

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2024

@David Friedrich -

Can provide more clarification on your ask "when a form is made available externally"?  How are you using the form in your issue processing?

Please advise, so we can assist further.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

David Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2024

Issue is created via request from the portal. Agent adds a form to the issue, then makes it available externally (open for the customer to edit the form via the portal).

But the customer needs to be notified that there's now a form available on the request. There is no issue updated notification or anything else. That's what I'd like to automate. But no trigger available works.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events