Notify Previous Assignee that he is no longer assignee now

Lily Wang August 20, 2021

Hi,

When assignee is upadated, how to notify the previous that he is no longer the responsable of the ticket ?

The previous wants to know who has taken the issue from him. How can I create an automation to send him an email that the issue assignee is changed ?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Ashu Tyagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2021

@Lily Wang  Jira automatically Sends an notification to both previous user and new user when assignee is changed.

If the Assignee are not receiving notifications check the notification scheme of the project

The problem is that my collegues can receive the email, howevery I can not.

Look at my settings: 

1.png2.png

I assign to B, B can receive the emai.

and then C assign the issue to himself. Can B receive the notification when the issue is removed from B??

Ashu Tyagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2021

@Lily Wang  You should get an e-mail when someone assignee's an issue to himself which was already assigned to you.

As most of users uncheck the last "You make changes to issue" so if you assign an issue to someone else you won't get any notification but user to whom issue is assigned will.

Also as i mentioned earlier it is also worth checking the notification scheme of the project and see to whom it sends the notifications

John Jos April 20, 2023

Hi @Lily Wang - did you get the answer to this?

Hi @ASHU TYAGI I have tried enabling/disabling the "You make changes to issue" in my Issue settings but it wont work whenever someone takes away the issue from me. 

Also, when I configured the email automation, I am getting emails only when the issue is assigned to me but not when someone else takes it.

Saw a post about adding a Post function in the workflow transition but I have not tried that as I suspect I am missing something in the settings or a step in the automation.

Can anyone please help???

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events