Notifications for Group Custom Field

Carl Foner May 3, 2018

I'm working on configuring Service Desk. In addition to the regular "Assignee" field, I also need a field which will allow me to assign tickets to a group. Following the suggestion here, I setup a group picker custom field.

So far, it looks like it will do what I need it to do. The only thing that's not working is notifications. I'd like it send notifications to all the group members when something is assigned to that group.

We have a notification scheme associated with the project. I tried adding a specific notification for the custom field, but it's not working.

Any suggestions on how to move forward with this?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2018

What kind of notifications do you want the group to receive?

Carl Foner May 4, 2018

I want everyone in the group to receive an email when something gets assigned to the group via the group picker custom field.

Like Alberto likes this
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2018

Do you mean that if the custom group picker is set with a group then you want the users in the group to receive  notifications?

If you so, then you need

1. create a custom event

2. define the custom field group picker in the project notification scheme for the custom event

3. create a transition with a screen to change the custom field group picker

4.  fire the custom event on the transition.

All users in the group, which is set for the custom field group picker, will receive notifications.

You can read more about custom events here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/adding-a-custom-event-802592793.html

Like Richard Elizaga likes this
Carl Foner May 4, 2018

That worked! Thank you for your help.

Hunter, Gareth
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 12, 2024

Hi, appreciate this is some years ago now, but Im trying achieve the same thing, and have followed the steps above, but cant seem to get the notifications working.

Do you have any more details please?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events